Thursday, April 28, 2011

Unfading Memories

Hello friends,in this post I would like to share some unforgettable events that I have come across.This is my 50th post in this blog.When I wrote my first post in this space,I never thought I will go for 50 posts and all.There are serious bloggers,who has written hundreds of posts,why I have seen writers who has completed more than 1000 posts and still going strong.Compared to these people,my 50 might appear like nothing to many.But,it means a lot to me(atleast to me).Blogging gives me immense pleasure and a sense of satisfaction. I have blogged lot of controversial topics and I have courted lot of controversies too,because of blogging.Though,at times such controversies troubled me a little,I was happy too.Because,when my write-ups are able to stir up a controversy among atleast a small group of people,it means that,my posts are somewhat meaningful(atleast not meaningless).And its my friends,whose constant encouragement and honest feedbacks,keeps me going.Some of my friends follow my blog regularly and some people,after following my blog,became my friends too.It's time to thank everyone who reads this blog and also to thank people who make suggest my blog to their friends.Your encouragement matters more than anything to me.Keep supporting.

Now let me get into this post.Since this is my 50th post,I want it to make it memorable one.That is the reason for choosing memories as the topic.

I have heard lot of fantasy stories about Time machine and have seen some movies about it too.I don't think Time machine will ever become a reality.We can't go back to past in reality,but,our memories can.We can think of those good olden days where we used to run like an ox during hot summer days.We can think of the pranks that we played with our friends in school/college days.Whenever I think of my past,it gives me lot of pleasure and also it scares me a little(quite natural to every individual na :P).Last month I wrote a post in this same blog,criticizing fanaticism and media-hype towards cricket.During my school days,like every kid,I too used to roam around the streets with a boost bat(signed by Sachin Tendulkar).I was just a cricket maniac those days.I will watch cricket between all the teams.I have seen WestIndies-Australia match during late nights,say upto some 3 o clock or so.I used to get permissions from my teachers by giving fake reasons(some teachers pretty well knew that am going to see score) and will go to a house in Rottikara street and will see some 1 or 2 overs.

Evening after the school gets over,a huge gang from my school will be in that house only.There was a guy in that house,we used to call him Kutty Anna(I dont even know whether this is his real name :-)).We used to chat well and we will give running commentaries with him.His mom will give us coffee,butter-milk,juice etc to us(depending on the climate :-))How sweet na?Mom means generally sweet only.No wonder, Na.Muthukumar wrote these lines,"Pangaali pakkathu veettukkum serthu samaikkira anbu ingu vaazhum"(meaning- the habit of cooking to neighbours too still prevails in TN) in the movie Sivaji.

I still remember the day,when we spoiled the proposal plans of a guy.The guy cursed us and went off,he said, "nee propose panrappovum idhe maari thaan da nadakkum"(means - the same will happen to u when u propose).Poor chap :P.In my town(Tindivanam),every year from April 14 - 21,there will be celebrations in Lord Anjaneya's temple.Special poojas will be performed(Chithirai special).And it was called as Latchadeepam.On this occassion,there will be lot of shops with toys,circus events,street dance,karagattam,dramas etc.And its also summer vacation time.So families,kids will prefer this event and there will be a mad rush in streets near the temple.In such events,definitely there will be lot of gangs to do some mischiefs and definitely I will be with my gang(participation is more important na :P).In city,even though I could find some events like this,am not able to get the excitement which I used to get in my town.

I grew up listening MGR-Sivaji songs(generally black and white old songs).I used to listen to Sivaji's Thiruvilayadal audio cassette daily.I used to buy lot of cassettes those days.Atleast 3 per month.Cost of an empty cassette was Rs.20 and for recording they will charge Rs.25.The reason for this is,I will select the songs and will give it to the audio shop(Arunprakash Digital Audio... is the shop name).3 cassettes per month is definitely something big,because I was not earning those days and have to depend on my father for every single rupee.I will make savings and will buy cassettes :D.

Nowadays many consider having a purse,bike key,camera mobile,ATM card etc, in pockets as a matter of pride,but those days I considered keeping pen in my pocket as a matter of pride.The pen will be in pocket from morning to night and I will hardly use it for any purpose :P.I still remember the day,when our Ragothman Sir(commonly called AP sir),was teaching about Russian revolution,I was writing Rajnikanth's punch dialogs from the movie Baba,based on my friend SaravanaKumar's request.It will be real sin,if I don't mention the incident,in which I was caught by my P.E.T sir,for shouting in bad words(and it would be a bigger sin,if I mention the words here :P).Those days I went to Gingee(Senji) from Tindivanam in cycle.26+26=52kms up and down.And I was riding doubles,with my friend Arun Kumar sitting in the career.In city life, I don't know how many are ready to atleast imagine this.

Politics has always played a vital role in my life.Since I was in small town,I could see so many political activities directly.My father too used to tell me lot of political informations(had he known I would writie politics in blog,he wouldn't have told all those things to me :P).How can I forget my Hindi Teacher Mr.Muthayyah Mudaliar?He was the one who encouraged me a lot(both in learning Hindi and also in discussing public issues and politics).Truly he is one of my role model.Everytime I think of people like him, my mind says,"we should lead a moral life like this man"(this doesn't mean I am a 100% uthaman :P,but still I am a uthaman to some extent atleast :D).At times I used to talk against western culture.I have bashed drinks,parties,discos etc..so many times.For this attitude,this man is definitely one of the reasons.His thoughts influenced me to some extent.He is physically no more today,but he still lives in his good deeds.




Not many in this city are interested in knowing politics.They just say,'politics is a crap and u r a boring idiot,who speaks lot of politics'.People,you should know whats happening around you.Today's events may become history tomorrow.We can contribute atleast to the least possible extent to the future history,so that it inspires the future generations too.Only when we discuss about something,we will get to know a lot about it. This doesn't mean,we should keep on talking politics for all the 24 hrs,but we should not hesitate to discuss politics for some 15 mins or 30 mins,like how we discuss about cricket and cinema.

My 2 yrs in Pondicherry is the most important part of my life.Actually I learnt a lot in Petit Seminaire(the school in which I studied in Pondy).I might not have learnt anything extraordinary in terms of biology or physics(this statement neither means there was no opportunity nor I failed to utilize it.Its a general comment), but the school and the professional atmosphere taught me one important lesson - "Don't believe anyone and also don't depend on anyone".I have to confess the fact that,I am still in touch with some good friends who studied with me there.The point is I never thought so many people might remember me,still guys found me and are in touch with me.

It was in the year 2005,I came over to Chennai.Started understanding what city life means and am still not able to understand perfectly :P.Everyone might be knowing that am a product of SRM college(oh no I am just a student SRM college and in no way am related to Pariventhar or IJK(India Jananayaga Katchi) party :P).Whenever I think of SRM,first thing that comes to my mind is the 20 mins electric train journey from Tambaram to Potheri.Some 10 days back,when I was going to Chengalpet for a marriage,I happened to cross my college(obviously I have to cross,as it is in that bypass road only).So many incidents sighting,fighting,chatting etc flashed in my mind for few minutes.I love my college and college life more than anything else,because in all the 4 yrs of my college life,I was never caught into a controversy and had no enemies(or traitors :P) at all.

But after college,for some months,life was like hell.Too many problems and lot of ISSUES(not many will understand the significance of this word :P).But luck smiled on me too and yes I got selected in Cognizant.After my college days,I never thought I will get back such a happy tension-free life again.But thank God,I got it again :D.In cognizant academy,the first 4 months,I felt like being in college only.Lot of friends(all in my age group),exams,satires on trainer(more like a teacher :P) etc.,gave me a college feel for sure,though I prefer my college life over academy life.So many differences I can point out between my college life and cognizant academy life,but the main difference is,in college my father paid and played and in academy the company paid and again I played :D.The main reason for missing my academy life is the work style that we had :D.Coming at 9 and leaving exactly at 6.In these 9 hrs playing fun games,teasing others etc these were the main activities and we got salary too :-).Yes of-course,knowingly or unknowingly,I MIGHT have learnt something :P,so academy life is also worthy :-).Will I ever get such a life style again :P.Not so easy is the answer :D.

I actually wanted to write more about memories.I wanted to write about the prank calls I made to my friends through my landline phone(thank God,those days cell phones were a matter of luxury),the 1 hr chat after school, with my friend in bus stand daily,the street fights in which I actively participated,the experience of watching cinemas,my scout camp,so many other pranks with my friends etc.But I can't write about every incident in my life like school,college,profession etc as I am not writing an auto-biography here. 



Though I have shared my personal experiences in this post,I believe many might have come acress all these stuff.I started off with time machine.If time machine becomes a reality,life will lose its charm and thrill.I am just quotnig the known analogy here.A pretty girl in a portrait,remains pretty forever(atleast as long as the portrait is not spoiled).She doesn't get aged and she never dies.So past remains beutiful and memorable,as long as we are unable to go to the past.But still like every other individual,I would love to travel some 12 years back.Life was so cool and joyful.The word hot meant only heat due temperature those days to me.No facebook,no linkedin,no orkut,no NOKIA,but still we all stayed connected.That was definitely an awesome life.I would like to end up with the following dialog of Writer Sujatha,

"வாழ்க்கையிலேயும் VCR la இருக்கிற மாதிரி ஒரு rewind button இருந்தா எவ்வளோ நல்லா இருக்கும்"

10 comments:

Unknown said...

...JaGaN...

Congratulations bro u reached 50th post..

And u forget to write about ur love story here :( that is biggest sin..

arunkumar said...

machi,
congo for ur 50th post. indeed a nice post :) keep on blogging :)

Vishnu Vardhanan said...

Congrats on this sensational 50 Bro...

Wish you score 100s in style like Sachin and let me continue to sneak out once in a while to check yours as we sneaked out in school to know sachin's score while he wud bat.. :P

When I started I thot this is gonna be the experiences and moments of ur blogging journey but as it turned out I was both surprised and exhilarated at the same time to read what I have bore witness personally in real life...

Really those moments you have shared are sweet and feel what you say though many a times I was not a part of it(Like the Lakshadeepam)...

Your desire to have a VCR button given a chance in life doesn't surprises me...I will also be nostalgic to re-live that life given a chance...

Finally, the thot abt the portrait simply swept me off..Lol,tats damn philosophical and I liked it.. Cheers...

Hope I read may such 50s and 100s... :)

dude said...

"If time machine becomes a reality,life will lose its charm and thrill" i love these lines! its true! By the way its a gud blog and evryone wuld hv thught abt their past life atleast fa a sec by readin this blog! so a spl thanks to yo!! machi! but still i wuld hv wanted yo to discuss one more thing that happened! autiobiography illanu solli escape aita! hehehe! nyhws nice one! keep gng!

Harish.M said...

@Jagan - Thanks for your wishes bro..But for the support of you people,I don't know whether I would have written 50 posts and all.. So a BIG THANKS for you guys..

And regd my love story,I have loved so many girls :P,so for that I only have to write a novel :D..

Thanks for commenting :-)

Harish.M said...

@Arun - Thanks a lot for commenting machi..Really happy to see your comments :-) Keep supporting me :-)

Harish.M said...

@Vishnu - cool.You were with me during most of the incidents mentioned in this post :-) Especially the days we used to move out to see score was something special :-)

Thanks for your cool comment :-)

Harish.M said...

@Dude - Thanks for your comments :-) We should never forget the past and also the lessons learnt ;-).. And ya this is definitely not an auto-biography :D

Thanks for commenting :-)

Anonymous said...

Gokul:

Hey super da...but should ve included atleast one incident that u fought/favoured for Thala Ajith either in school or colg...!!!

Harish.M said...

@Gokul - Thanks for your comments machi :-) I have described the incidents,in which I fought for Thala in an exclusive post about Ajith Kumar.So just didn't want to repeat the same stuff..I may write some of my personal experiences again,I will include such incidents in those posts :-)