Friday, September 14, 2012

100 - It's a century!!!

This is my 100th blog post.To be honest this may not appear a great achievement.Anyway,in my opinion, it is definitely a small achievement.So now don't compare me with people who has written thousands of articles in their blogs/websites.As this is my 100th post I will try to give some explanations through this post.And if you have any questions,you can very well post them in the comments section.I am ready to answer.

Initially I used to blog about some funny incidents that happened in my life.Later on,I realized, considerable number of people follow blogs.I wanted to write some serious posts.Some of my friends too encouraged me to go for some serious posts.I started writing articles like this and this. Then I decided,it is possible to create an awareness through blogs.So I started writing political posts and someother serious articles.But it created an image to my blog like its a serious blog.Only some regular followers read my articles.The people to whom I wanted to reach out never bothered to read those serious articles.In-fact some people said that my blogs are too preachy and serious,so they are not interested in it.

That made me think.Being serious will not help all the time.So I tried making my blog colorful(through my articles not in design).To an extent I succeeded in it.I wrote some articles about love,some love stories etc. Infact I even went to the extent of writing a 10-part story.But this too didn't produce the expected outcome. What happened is those who are interested in current affairs,politics read those posts and those who expected some light hearted,funny articles restricted themselves with that.First of all I have to thank all you readers.Your encouragement makes me think more and write.Am not a great writer(atleast till now),but still people spare time for reading my blogs.It's a pleasure.Even if you bash me for writing in bad English or accuse me for being partial,it will only make me happy.My only request is - don't restrict yourselves with articles of a particular category.

I mentioned about love stories.Again there is a problem in writing love stories.Whenever I publish a love story,there are people who thinks that the story is also my personal life experience.Come on guys,I have written some 6 love stories in this blog itself.Do you people really think I have come across so many loves in my life?To be honest I am not worth for single love only :D.People understand this,I never use blog as a medium to seek personal vengeance or to express my feelings to people surrounding me.Every imagination will have some inspiration.But that inspiration need not necessarily come from my life or my friends' life. Moreover there are certain common qualities for every love.So while writing a love story,if something resembles a particular reader's character or experience,understand people, its purely co-incidental.

This is a problem being a blogger.If the same story gets published in a paper or book,none will(can) question the writer.In fact, people will feel proud saying the story is based on them.

This is my favorite(inspiration) writer Sujatha's answer to a similar question.

எழுத்தின் ஊற்றுக்கண் என்ன அனுபவமா,ஞாபகமா?உங்கள் வாழ்வில் மறக்க முடியாத சம்பவங்கள் என்ன?

மறக்க முடியாத சம்பவங்களைத் தான் எழுதுகிறோம்... பெயர் மாற்றி,கற்பனை முலாம் தடவி, இடம் , காலம் மாற்றி, அதேபோல் எழுத்தின் ஊற்றுக்கண் மனதின் அடித்தளத்தில் படிந்த சம்பவங்கள், காட்சிகள் , காயங்கள் எல்லாமே அவை எப்போது எந்த வடிவத்தில் எந்தக் கலவையில் வெளிப்படுகின்றன என்பது எழுத்தாளனுக்கே சரியாகத் தெரியாது.

[Translation : What's the starting point of writing, is it experience or memories?Unforgettable incidents in your life?

We write only unforgettable incidents,by changing name,place,period etc..Some incidents,scenes, experiences etc will lie deep inside the heart.Even a writer will not know in what way it will come out].

He is perfectly right.

Sometimes I have used the corporate atmosphere and some known places in my story.Describing a known place is easy.That's the only reason for using known railway station names, corporate atmosphere etc. 


I got the above question-answer from his book 'Katradhum Petradhum'.It was kind of an auto-biography by him,though not exactly.He has shared so many information in that book and also has described some of his personal life incidents too.In fact,he has related the above answer too with some incidents that happened in his life.His younger sister died within days after her birth, while Sujatha and his family were traveling in a train. He says he doesn't remember anything about the incident and he came to know about this only through his mother,only after he became a matured young man.And he also mentions another incident.His first child was a girl child,which again died days after its birth.He related this with an incident in his novel Kanavu Thozhirchalai(கனவுத் தொழிற்சாலை).In this novel a kid, Louis Dominic Arumairasan,will die within days(18 days) after its birth.

This is what he wrote about the incidents happened in his life and the one that came in his Kanavu Thozhirchalai :

செத்துப்போன தங்கைக்கும் மரித்த மகளுக்கும் பல வருடங்கள் கழித்து ஒரு அழகான கிறித்தவ நல்லடக்கம் செய்தபின்தான் என் மனதின் அடித்தளத்தில் இருந்த அந்தச் சோகம் வடிந்தது.


Katradhum Petradhum is a informative book.Kanavu Thozhirchalai is a gripping and touching novel.I would recommend everyone to read these books.I would like to mention some other books too. 

The Miracle by Irving Wallce - it deals with the miracle cures happening in Lourdes.The story is kind of, based on the existence of God,excellent story.

Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki - historical novel.It has 5 parts and its centered around the great Chola king Raja Raja Cholan.Brilliant novel,

Irumbu Kuthiraigal by Balakumaran - the story is about Lorry business.The hero's horse poems(Kuthirai Kavithaigal) will be absolutely brilliant.

 Vidivadharkul Vaa by Sujatha, - this is based on the mandaikkadu riots between Hindus and Christians. Long back I shared a dialog from this book in facebook.This is the dialog, "is he a Hindu or Christian?", for which the hero replies,"he is dead".Hope this dialog is enough to assess the quality of the book.

Parthiban Kanavu by Kalki - another historical novel,this time centered around the strongest Pallava king Narasimmavarman.

24 roobaai theevu by Sujatha - this novel describes the life of a honest reporter.A fast packed action-detective story.Don't miss it.

I can share even more books,but then,I can't end this article properly.I would like to write an exclusive article about books and reading habit in particular.But to do this,I should read more.So when I feel I am eligible to write such a post,I will do it immediately.

By reading a good book we can get some peace of mind.The book may be of any genre,it may be humor,crime novel,horror,romance etc.Reading will give the much needed peace of mind to us.When I say reading books,what comes to my mind is people's instant enthusiasm towards books. I admit that I haven't read so many books and it is not possible for everyone to read all the books.Time factor has to be considered.But what really irks me is whenever people see books that you have,they will pretend as if they were waiting for it for a long time.And once you give the book to them,they will forget it.Leave alone the question of returning the book.What's the purpose of sharing a book?To have some discussion about its content.Such discussions will give immense pleasure.None understands this.

I share my blog links too, with my friends, for the same reason.I have asked some friends to read my blogs repeatedly(say 2 or 3 times).But if they are not going to read my blogs or articles,I don't mind actually.The reason is,if a product is worthy,it will attract consumers.Same way,if people are not interested with my blog posts,the fault lies with me.It will be highly unfair to blame people who don't read my blogs.The reason for mentioning this here is,sometimes people say I am torturing them by asking to read my blogs :D.When I started hearing such comments,I have almost stopped asking anyone personally, to read my blogs(though some exceptions are there).. As I mentioned above,if my articles are really worthy and if it syncs with people's taste,they will read it..Though a product is good,it needs some promotion..With proper promotion,the demand for a GOOD PRODUCT will increase. And that's the reason for sharing my links in facebook,twitter,google talk,orkut etc.

All said and done,I have completed 100 blog posts.Not all the articles written by me might be perfect. Still I have some followers who go through all my updates and provide a proper criticism.I would like to thank such people.Your support means a lot to me. I have given some explanations through this post.I didn't do this to hurt anyone. These are all just clarifications from my end.

And am ending this post with this.As I said in the beginning,if anyone has any question/questions, please go ahead and ask me.I will answer you..If you are going to ask anything personal :D,leave your mail id in the comments section,because personal answers will only be sent to mail.







4 comments:

arunkumar said...

Hi Dude,

So finally you have hit a century. Am waiting for your double century :) I like your posts. Keep blogging, All the best :)

Harish.M said...

@Arun - thanks dude..Thanks for your wishes and comments :-)

Anonymous said...

Gokul
Congrats machi on ur century blog.. happy dat ur doing this on regular basis.. though u feel the velocity of writing blogs s low, the content it carries s viable.. ur really an informative asset to the society.. proud dat ur my friend..

// I have written some 6 love stories in this blog itself.Do you people really think I have come across so many loves in my life? //
Nee oru Autograph Cheran da.. nee panniruppa...!!!

Harish.M said...

@Gokul - Thanks for your comments :D